By registering to play in a Golf Saskatchewan sanctioned event, participants agree to the 2019 Conditions of Competition:
- Code of Conduct for Juniors
- A junior playing in an Amateur aged event she/he must adhere to most items in the Junior Code of Conduct.
- Exceptions may include Caddie or power cart transportation, if eligible.
- Code of Conduct for Amateurs
- Transportation Notice:
- In events where players are allowed to ride power carts, the groups are only allowed 2 power-carts per group. * The Tournament Committee will review each event and put a Local Rule in effect. A group must not have more than 2 or is subject to a breach of the Local Rules.
- Pace of Play,
- Standard Local Rules (will be updated for 2019),
- Spectator and Parent Code of Conduct,
- Dress Code including Foot-ware,
- Cancellation Policy,
- Tie Breaking Procedure(s)
- Rules are governed by the most current Golf Canada Rules of Golf including Amateur Status including the most current Golf Canada Rules of Golf and interpretations, and
- the Supplementary Local Rules for the championship (location specific).
In addition to the above mentioned documents are the following conditions of competition:
- By entering a Golf SK championship, the participant allows Golf Saskatchewan to take picture(s) and/or video(s) of the participant for marketing/promotional materials.
- All competitors must have a GOLD Golf Canada membership and must present a validated 2019 Golf Canada membership card/number upon entering the Championship(s).
- If the participant is from outside of Canada and is a member with another golf association/union she/he may enter our event provided they are able to verify their membership with an established handicap index/factor.
- Proof of membership may be required at the registration desk prior to start of play in the tournament. Failure to do so may result in disqualification.
- Handicap factor must be updated within 15 days of the Championship.
- The verification method can include the Golf Canada Score Centre or a signed/verified paper copy from the golf course’s Handicap Chair or designate.
- If you are a Golf Saskatchewan/Golf Canada Member or Public Player Member we will have the ability to verify your handicap factor on the Golf Canada Score Centre.
- All tournament entry applications are subject to the approval of the Golf Saskatchewan Tournament Committee.
- Rules decisions shall be decided by the Golf Saskatchewan Tournament Rules Committee, and shall be final.
- National Championship Quota Spot – Golf Saskatchewan will try to ensure proper representation at a Golf Canada National Championship. Note, this includes limiting the amount of players we will drop down to on the participant list (for instance, not lower than the 15th placed person). *subject to change.
- Quota spots for nationals are only available for Golf Saskatchewan members only. A person from another province or country is welcome to play but cannot gain entry into Golf Canada’s national championship through our quota spot system.
REMINDER: The Golf Saskatchewan Codes of Conduct applies to players & teams attending Regional, National and International Events (sanctioned/conducted by Golf Canada and the like)This is above and beyond the policies and Code of Conduct at the championship being played.